<
 
 

 

 

Friday, April 4, 2008

"I'm Blooded! Soowoop!"

Bastards of the Party

(Its a movie so its long but DEF. a great movie)

1st off the internet is crazy. It amazes me how easy I found a link to the movie, man. But being away in Philadel I am very much out of touch with the happenings of my real home, Jersey. During visits I get brief updates about a few things and rarely is the news good. Those in the Philadelphia area know all too well about the 1-2 deaths a day in this beautiful-ugly city. But where I'm from things are just as bad if not worse. I'm from, born and raised in Newark and East Orange, New Jersey and I love it to death.

Even still we have our issues. Philadelphia is a large city and the numbers speak for themselves but Newark (& East Orange) is a small city and the numbers are bad ass well and getting worse. I didn't do too much research but Philly murders are (presumably) over drugs and various or reasons. Newark's are more so due to gang violence. We have Bloods and Crips (along with others) and they are the cause of the majority of the murders.

I from time to time ponder why things are the way are and sometimes I gain an understanding and sometimes I'm completely baffled. The major issue is poverty. Which is stemmed from lack of proper education for the most part. During my moments of deep thought I commonly return to the same question: Why are we alining ourselves with an organization that we have no real connection with? Bloods and Crips started in California and Jersey has had it gangs before the Double I Bloods reached East Orange in 1993 but why has this continued and gotten worse exponentially since? The movie Bastards of the Party answers so many questions and tells the truth about every aspect of gang life. Honestly, I cried when I first saw it. So many of the faces in the movie are people that I know and its a crazy to me. Like Bone (the person responsible for the movie) I feel compelled to do something about it so one thing is here I am going to school so I can provide opportunities for others where I'm from. Watch the movie when you get a chance it really is a special movie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good documentary im just mad that at like 29 mins it fucks up and the audio n visual dont match up unfortunetly which kinda ruins the feel of it

April 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Zay said...

i heard that it does that.. but you can watch the rest on youtube or google..

April 13, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

BlackCloud_Clothing@yahoo.com