<
 
 

 

 

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Takashi Murakami

I love music, of all kinds. But I love art (music is art I know) as well. I may not know the techniques and style periods but I am a fan. As I come across pieces and arts that I like I try to get at least the gist of the piece and the artist. Thanks to my love of good music I stumbled upon a great artist, Takashi Murakami. You may know him from designing Kanye West's "Can't Tell Me Nothing (Mixtape)" and "Graduation" album as I discovered him for myself. Takashi is great at what he does and we share common outlook on life and art. He wishes to blur the lines between high art and low art by combining many different styles and medias. While some of his art can go for millions, Takashi acknowledges that many people that love his work can not afford such price tags and provides his work for the public in many forms so we can all get in on the fun.

His work is on display at the Brooklyn Museum and will remain there until July 13, 2008. I will definitely be there at least once before it is no longer in the BK borough. Here are a hand full of the masterpieces he has created.. (Personally shots coming soon)
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

BlackCloud_Clothing@yahoo.com