<
 
 

 

 

Monday, July 7, 2008

Jazmine Sullivan - Need You Bad Video / U-N-I - K.R.E.A.M.


At the age of 20, musical prodigy and accomplished singer/songwriter Jazmine Sullivan already has nine years worth of experience under her belt in the music industry. She’s anything but a typical singer and just one listen to her voice will make you understand why some of music’s most respected artists like Stevie Wonder, Fantasia, Omarion, Faith Evans, Monica and Missy Elliott have all praised the legend in the making.

Just a brief timeline of some of Sullivan’s musical accomplishments is enough to make any artist blush. At 11, she made her national television debut on Showtime at the Apollo, where she sang “Accept What God Allows.” While most artists recount always being absorbed with music while they were younger, Sullivan’s first introduction to music began at church. “I remember singing like around five or six in the choir,” she says before recalling a particular incident. “I was in the junior choir, but I was the first child admitted into the young adult choir. I was so proud of myself and with the support of my family and church, I began singing.” As Sullivan got older, she began polishing her craft as well gaining an appreciation for other artists, such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Kahn, Lauryn Hill, Brandy, Mary J. Blige and Donny Hathaway. REST of article


This video came out last year but I just got on to it so there may be others to just get on to it too. But the video is pretty dope. Really like the Spike references. Gotta listen to some more of the dudes. Inglewood to Illtown. (dont mind that inside thing)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home