<
 
 

 

 

Friday, April 25, 2008

A Smart Guy: Jay Smooth

I consider myself a "smart guy" although I may not be the best student but i do believe that I am at least a somewhat bright individual. Even though I'm not the best speller or I may not a prude and be completely stiff in conversation. But I don't appreciate it when someone, especially our celebrities, display their inability to sustain a conversation. Let alone a coherent thought. So when I encounter an individual that can complete an articulate idea, I am ecstatic. For that reason I appreciate Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Swizz Beatz (yeah Swizz Beatz), etc for displaying intelligence while perpetuating a certain swag. Furthermore, during one of my routine perusing of the great internet I found my way to this guys' video blog, ill Doctrine the hip-hop video blog. It is created and maintained by Jay Smooth, who was a writer for The Source and founder of New York's longest running hip-hop radio show, WBAI's Underground Railroad. While he touches on many touching topics from the Presidential election to the passing of hip hop pioneers he combination of humor and intelligence is fun and inspiring. Take a look at his vlog and the videos below.

illdoctrine Vlog

The Difference Between Paranoid and Suspicious (Alicia Keys Statement)

(One of my favorites! Watch!)

Being Over Race (Barack O'Bama Speech)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home